10 delegates and speakers attend the excellently organised World Green Roof Congress in Copenhagen, Denmark. The conference ran from the 18th to 21st of September, with informative and interesting field tours at the beginning and end.
There were highly informative and motivating presentation by the legendary architect Emili Ambasz, Green Project Administrator of the City of Chicago Michael Berkshire, ecologist Gary Grant, Tina Saaby City Architect for the City of Copenhagen. And finally, we were all dazzled by Faezah Mohd Sanif with her overview of Singapore and its roof garden installations.
Green Roof Centre and Marie Curie Green Roof Systems Project researchers gave several presentations across a variety of topic areas, including:
- Water in green roof substrates – linking physical measurements to plant performance. Dr. Tobias Emilsson.
- Towards an Enhanced Green Roof System – Dr. Christian Berretta
- Advocating a physically-based hydrological model for green roofs: Evapotranspiration during the drying cycle. – Simon Poe
- Exploring the potential of Mexican crassulaceae for green roofs. – Elisa Olivares
- Ecological dynamics of old extensive green roofs. – Christine Thuring
- The thermal benefits of green roofs in the UK climate. – Dr Hasim Altan
Return to News